You are not logged in.

#1 2004-02-16 19:10:07

morphus

Lost Interrupts...

Hi there,

I just installed Arch finally not only on my laptop but also on my workstation. The ftp-Install did a great job, like all the other times I installed arch. There's a new mainboard I bought Friday (ASRock K7S8XE, Athlon 2500+, 512 DDR), and as I said the Installation went fine. After the reboot I get those nasty error-messages during boot-up:

hda: lost interrupt
hda: DMA interrupt recovery
hda: dma_timer_expiry

At the moment he is doing this thing for about ten minutes and I don`t think he is stopping till I press this special button on my tower...
So I thougt I grab the Knoppix-CD attached to my favourite magazin (c't) with two kernels to choose: 2.4 and 2.6. In 2.4 it`s the same problem as in arch: lost interrupt. But with the 2.6 kernel everything boots up fine and knoppix is working...

So my questions:
1. How can I insert the archlinux 2.6-kernel to arch from knoppix, so that arch is booting the 2.6 kernel without these nasty messages (hopefully...) or (even better)
2. What are these messages about? Why is he loosing the interrupt in 2.4?

#2 2004-02-16 22:16:51

morphus

Re: Lost Interrupts...

Solution for Question 1: (just for those with the same problems)

I mounted the partition on hda4 ( mount /mnt/hda4 ) in knoppix, did a chroot /mnt/hda4 and was able to do a pacman -Sy and pacman -S kernel26. Just did the same tricks like a normal install of kernel 2.6, and now arch is booting finally. But the problem with 2.4 is still existing...

Board footer