You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-14 23:48:29

filipe

[SOLVED] Animations not working in the Activities panel on Gnome 40

Hello there,

After I upgrade to Gnome 40, the animations in the Activities panel are not working well. It seems that the old frames are not cleared off the screen during the animation, with the same image (e.g., the application icons in the application grid) being rendered multiple times on the screen.

There is a warning in the journalctl every time it happens, but I'm not sure if it is related: gnome-shell[1155]: Did not find double property '-panel-corner-opacity'

I tried to create a new profile, but the problem is still there. I also tested with Xorg and Wayland, and they both have the same issue.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this issue? I'm not sure if it is a misconfiguration or a bug.

Thanks!

Last edited by filipe (2021-04-18 13:43:35)

#2 2021-04-15 09:36:31

ooo

Re: [SOLVED] Animations not working in the Activities panel on Gnome 40

filipe wrote:

There is a warning in the journalctl every time it happens, but I'm not sure if it is related: gnome-shell[1155]: Did not find double property '-panel-corner-opacity'

While this probably isn't directly related to your issue, I think you shouldn't get this error unless your gnome installation was somehow broken. Even when using custom user themes, the '-panel-corner-opacity' property should get inherited from the default shell theme.

Otherwise, it might be worth testing the -git versions for mutter and gnome-shell (both are available from AUR), to check if your issue has been fixed upstream.

If the problem persists with latest git versions, and you're sure there's nothing wrong with your installation, this may be worth reporting as upstream issue to gnome-shell.

#3 2021-04-15 15:11:23

filipe

ooo wrote:
filipe wrote:

While this probably isn't directly related to your issue, I think you shouldn't get this error unless your gnome installation was somehow broken. Even when using custom user themes, the '-panel-corner-opacity' property should get inherited from the default shell theme.

Otherwise, it might be worth testing the -git versions for mutter and gnome-shell (both are available from AUR), to check if your issue has been fixed upstream.

If the problem persists with latest git versions, and you're sure there's nothing wrong with your installation, this may be worth reporting as upstream issue to gnome-shell.

Thank you for your reply. You gave me a good hint, because I may have changed the default shell theme in the past, customizing my GDM theme (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GDM#Configuration). I'm going to reinstall gnome packages and make sure that everything is new in that folder (/usr/share/gnome-shell/).

I let you know if that works.

#4 2021-04-18 13:41:50

filipe

filipe wrote:

Thank you for your reply. You gave me a good hint, because I may have changed the default shell theme in the past, customizing my GDM theme (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GDM#Configuration). I'm going to reinstall gnome packages and make sure that everything is new in that folder (/usr/share/gnome-shell/).

I let you know if that works.

That works! There was an old version (3.38) of the gnome-shell-theme.gresource file at the /usr/share/gnome-shell directory.

Board footer