You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-15 13:21:45

Rapti

Live iso not starting on an Asus X71SL

I'm trying to install Arch on an Asus X71SL laptop. I've been using Arch for over five years and I've installed it multiple times on different machines before, but this thing is giving me a headache. When I just boot up the install iso, it hangs indefinitely at "Triggering uevents..."
I was able to fix this by adding the nomodeset kernel parameter, but then it hangs during the systemd messages. It's hard to tell what causes the problem because it always hangs after a different step, but I noticed the following message which always appears as the last line or shortly before it:

snd_hda_intel 0000:00:0f.0: CORB reset timeout#1, CORBRP = 0

I don't know if it's related or what it means exactly.

I can't scroll up obviously, but I noticed that Starting Wait for Network to be Configured... seems to be the only line that doesn't get its corresponding Finished message. This might hint at some networking service being at fault, but I'm not sure how to further investigate that.

I've tried both an old live USB that I prepared about a year ago and a fresh image that I downloaded today, but the issue stays the same. They work fine on other machines. I've seen some people recommending to downgrade systemd, but I think this eliminates that.

I'm happy to provide more logs, but since I'm dealing with a live iso that's not booting, I don't know how to access any.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited by Rapti (2021-04-22 10:49:40)

Board footer