You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-08 09:44:36

christooss

Getting slight lag on first monitor when I put youtube video on second

I have a two monitor setup. I'm using Cinnamon, but this lag is present on Gnome too. I have Nvidia drivers installed and (I'm almost 100%) running. The browser involved is Firefox.

I would need some pointers to help debug this:

Because I get lag when I move the video tab to the other monitor. And usually (when testing before this post it kinda switched) the video that stays on the original monitor.
While moving the window over the monitor border I get I slight lag spike that I feel transfers back to the original monitor.

If I move the moved tab back to the original monitor all lag disappear. If I start playing video on different monitors that lag is almost never present.
I've tried Web browser in gnome and similar lag happens to. And it's not like its just videos that lag it's webpages too. Lichess becomes almost unplayable and scrolling in Nemo/Files is laggy too.

I imagine I messed up something while installing, but I'm not sure where. I went for defaults while installing graphics etc. Furthermore, I'm not sure, but I think this was not present on clean install and was "caused" by an update. Or lack of proper setup that update hopes for.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by christooss (2021-05-08 09:49:21)

Board footer