You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-03 01:33:38

damjan

Changelogs in package operations

It would be nice if the ArcLinux online package browser would show the Changelog entries for the package... many times I wonder if I really need to make a 20MB update of a package that changed from release -1 to -2.

Also, it would be great if pacman would support that too... you can't always open a browser... and pacman wants to download 80MB of packages... I better know why.

And third, pacman -Syu and pacman -S XXX should really inform from which package it's upgrading.
(for ex. a message like frozen-bubble-2.0.0-1 will be upgraded to frozen-bubble-2.0.0-2 would be very helpfull).

#2 2006-11-03 08:20:44

Romashka
Forum Fellow

Re: Changelogs in package operations

I wish pacman have support for package changelogs too. Frugalware's packages have .CHANGELOG inside of package. AFAIK there are only cosmethic changes between Arch's and Frugalware's branches of Pacman 3, so either supporting .CHANGELOG doesn't require any changes in Pacman, or it is in Pacman 3 already. smile

to live is to die

#3 2006-11-03 08:56:52

tomk
Forum Fellow

damjan, check the bugtracker. If we don't already have those features requested, post them yourself.

#4 2006-11-03 09:45:36

Bebo

I agree, although what would suffice for me are more verbose comments from the packagers on the CVS, so that I can find out why a package has a new pkgrel from the "View CVS Entries" link on the package description page. That would, for instance, give the possibility to see if a certain new package release would solve some package problem one has experienced.

#5 2007-01-28 18:08:00

ckristi

Bebo wrote:

I agree, although what would suffice for me are more verbose comments from the packagers on the CVS, so that I can find out why a package has a new pkgrel from the "View CVS Entries" link on the package description page. That would, for instance, give the possibility to see if a certain new package release would solve some package problem one has experienced.

I keep wondering if Arch will have a Changelog tracker in pacman. It's good to know why you've just installed a new release of some package and I feel a little bit uncomfortable not knowing this. ;-)

In love I believe and in Linux I trust

Board footer