You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-11 16:41:07

hikikomori666

Using archinstall to install arch on Hyper-V

Hello everybody,
I am trying to install arch linux on a Hyper-V gen-2 virtual machine using the new archinstall guided installer. When requested which video driver to install, on the basis of what I have read at https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Hyper-V I have selected fbdev (I am not using gpu passtrough).
During the installation process, immediately after the installation of plasma-meta konsole kate dolphin sddm plasma-wayland-session I get some messages of the type
hv_vmbus: No request id available+
but I don't know if they are relevant.
However when I try to login in kde session the screen becomes blank ad I can't do anything else
Can anyone help me to understand what's wrong?

Last edited by hikikomori666 (2021-05-11 16:46:21)

#2 2021-05-11 16:43:11

Khere

Re: Using archinstall to install arch on Hyper-V

hikikomori666 wrote:

I don't know if they are relevant.

If it work and you don't have any problem with your Arch installation don't touch nothing

Fan of Giorgio Moroder & Mohammad Ammax enemy

#3 2021-05-11 16:48:36

hikikomori666

Khere wrote:
hikikomori666 wrote:

I don't know if they are relevant.

If it work and you don't have any problem with your Arch installation don't touch nothing

Sorry, I had forgotten a piece of my post. I have problems in login in the kde session, see edited message above.

#4 2021-05-11 16:50:15

hikikomori666

Sorry again. It was the kde-wayland session not workingm instead kde-x11 seems to work fine.

#5 2021-05-11 18:50:09

ewaller
Administrator

Moved to "Arch Linux Guided Installer" subforum

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#6 2021-05-14 15:52:55

hikikomori666

Ok, then  I have done other steps and Installed again arch using archinstall with xfce, and again it works (for some reasons instead I get a blank screen when triying to select Gnome as DE).
Then I have gone trough the wiki and I have enabled  Hyper-V integration services and configured screen resolution at boot time.
I haven't been successful instead with Enhanced Session: I have been able to install the linux-vm-tools with git and to enable hv_sock from Windows. Where I'm failing is at editing  ~/.xinitrc to start Xfce.
I have copied /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc to my home directory and just added the line
exec startxfce4
at the end of file, but I still can't connect to xfce session. Could anybody help me to fix this issue?

Board footer