You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-19 17:04:23

KDN_Observer

[SOLVED] Sony WH-1000XM3 fails to connect with Pipewire

I decided to switch from PulseAudio to Pipewire because I'm sick and tired of the "A2DP sink profile is unavailable" issue (every time I connect to my headset I have to first double tap on the right side panel, which is to play/pause, then manually switch to A2DP). I followed the wiki page to setup Pipewire with Bluetooth headsets. But it always fails when I tried to connect to my headset (I could hear from my headset the voice "Bluetooth connected" followed immediately by "Bluetooth disconnected").

Here's the output from `pipewire-media-session.service`

native: unknown device for path /org/bluez/hci0/dev_38_18_4C_24_9A_05

And the output from `bluetoothd`

src/profile.c:new_conn_reply() Hands-Free Voice gateway replied with an error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod, Method "NewConnection" with signature "oha{sv}" on interface "org.bluez.Profile1" doesn't exist
profiles/audio/avdtp.c:avdtp_parse_rej() SET_CONFIGURATION request rejected: Configuration not supported (41)

FYI my headset model is Sony WH-1000XM3. I'm using KDE Plasma on X11. I'm dual booting Arch with Windows 10. On Windows and my Android phone the headset both work without any issues.

Last edited by KDN_Observer (2021-06-23 03:19:48)

#2 2021-06-23 03:19:16

KDN_Observer

Re: [SOLVED] Sony WH-1000XM3 fails to connect with Pipewire

Ok a small follow-up: I submitted a bug report to Pipewire and they fixed the issue for me (link). So if anyone is experiencing the same issue, just manully build Pipewire from the master branch and the issue should be gone.

Board footer