You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-05 08:03:44

spirosklouvas

Unable to receive email from the archlinux mailing lists on outlook.co

I recently noticed that since the mailing list migration I have not received any emails on my @outlook.com email address from the mailing lists I am subscribed to (specifically arch-general, arch-security and arch-dev-public).
The last email I got appears to be this, and i have not received this, which appears to be the first email sent after the migration.
After realizing this I also tried subscribing to other archlinux mailing lists (arch-devops and aur-general), and I did not receive the usual subscription confirmation emails.
I am able to receive other email at this address, and I also was able to receive a password change email for this forum before writing this.

I have had issues in the past with outlook.com having an overaggressive spam filter (most email from mailing lists usually goes to the spam folder unless I setup specific rules) but not anything like this.

#2 2021-07-05 15:49:06

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Unable to receive email from the archlinux mailing lists on outlook.co

If you use the same email address for the forums as you do for the mail lists, you might try to trigger a password change request here (not to change passwords, but just to trigger an automatic email).  If you don't get an email, then it likely not the migration of servers for the ML, rather it would have to do with how outlook processes mail from our domain.   If you do get the email, it may indicate a problem with the migration.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2021-07-05 22:28:27

spirosklouvas

Yes, I use the same email address for the forums. I changed my password right before writing the initial post (as I had not logged in to the forums for a while), and I received both the automatic email for the password change and also the notification for your reply (both emails being from "Arch Linux Forums Mailer <noreply@archlinux.org>").
I also tried subscribing to arch-dev-public and arch-general with another @outlook.com email address that I have for testing stuff and that also did not receive either of the 2 subscription confirmation emails.

#4 2021-07-05 22:32:14

spirosklouvas

I should also note that I am able to receive email from other mailing lists, for example many from https://lists.freedesktop.org

#5 2021-07-06 05:40:05

progandy

Microsoft might have the new mailing list IP on its internal blacklist. They seem to be trigger-happy with new senders until they have "proven" to not send spam.
https://docs.hetzner.com/robot/dedicate … blacklist/
https://sendersupport.olc.protection.ou … oting.aspx

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

Board footer