#1 2021-08-01 14:56:44

stpr

[Firefox] Slow performance and graphical issues

System details:
Operating System: Arch Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.84.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.13.6-xanmod2-2 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 16 × AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor
Memory: 31.3 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Radeon RX 580 Series

Issue:
Firefox has been consistently having weird graphical glitches for a while on Arch for me. A major one being that every time I open my Bitwarden extension for autofill, it momentarily glitches out. This does not mean that it renders the extension unusable, just that every time I open the extension, I am greeted with an ugly glitch. Similarly, the overflow menu glitches out randomly. In addition, the overflow menus performance is abysmal - sometimes I have to wait several seconds between clicks to have it register, if at all. This issue is fully reproducible on my system. See the following video for an example: Firefox glitches.

This has been driving me nuts. I only experience it on Firefox, even on fully pristine clean new profile as well (that is what I used to record the video). Along with the fact that it does not happen on Windows, I can rule out hardware issues. This has been happening for a while now, I can't remember when it started. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is this Arch specific or upstream?

Board footer