You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-07 08:07:57

byjove01

[SOLVED] Dolphin can't open .JSON file (Error 100)

Hello.

Everything is in the title.
I'm trying to open a .JSON file I made myself => when I click on the file to open it with Notepadqq, Dolphin shows me a error window saying:

Unknown error code 100
execvp() : File format error to exec()
Send a detailed bug report to kde.org

Then, the only way to open it is actually rightclick => "Open with.." => Notepadqq. But that's still embarassing.
I can't provide any more information than what Dolphin gives me.

Anyone for help ? I hope this isn't some isolated issue nobody did fix.

Last edited by byjove01 (2021-08-13 07:18:52)

#2 2021-08-07 09:24:30

d_fajardo

Re: [SOLVED] Dolphin can't open .JSON file (Error 100)

I believe it should be possible to configure Notepadqq to open the file. You can try:
Right click on the file and in the context options choose Properties. When the properties window show up, click on the File Type Options and there you can configure whatever file you want to open it,. Just find the binary location of Notepadqq and put it on top of the list.

#3 2021-08-07 11:18:40

V1del
Forum Moderator

It reads like you made that file executable for some reason. Remove the executable flag with

chmod -x $filename

#4 2021-08-08 12:56:33

byjove01

d_fajardo wrote:

I believe it should be possible to configure Notepadqq to open the file. You can try:
Right click on the file and in the context options choose Properties. When the properties window show up, click on the File Type Options and there you can configure whatever file you want to open it,. Just find the binary location of Notepadqq and put it on top of the list.

I don't think you understood the original post dude smile

V1del wrote:

It reads like you made that file executable for some reason. Remove the executable flag with

chmod -x $filename

It worked, but this kind of behavior happens with a lot of different files I didn't made executable. How to "de-executabilize" them?

#5 2021-08-08 13:39:36

V1del
Forum Moderator

If this happens to "a lot of files" that aren't supposed to be executable then either your umask is wrong or whatever you are using to create them creates them incorrectly, or you're mounting it with weird options. Or you ran a misfired chmod +x or chmod 777 over a certain set of files/directories.

What file system is this and what options are you mounting it with? Might want to post the output of "mount". Well use that command to de-executabilize them. Do you have an example set? Is it only in a specific directory/location? Before running that command over a random set of files, take care to not run it on directories, directories need to be executable to enter them.

Last edited by V1del (2021-08-08 13:52:19)

#6 2021-08-13 07:34:32

byjove01

V1del wrote:

If this happens to "a lot of files" that aren't supposed to be executable then either your umask is wrong or whatever you are using to create them creates them incorrectly, or you're mounting it with weird options. Or you ran a misfired chmod +x or chmod 777 over a certain set of files/directories.

What file system is this and what options are you mounting it with? Might want to post the output of "mount". Well use that command to de-executabilize them. Do you have an example set? Is it only in a specific directory/location? Before running that command over a random set of files, take care to not run it on directories, directories need to be executable to enter them.

I'm using ext4 and what do you mean by mounting? These are files on my main drive so I don't think I'm mounting it (if not Arch doing it automatically) each session.
And yes it was only in a specific location, it seems like I just made some bad settings on these files, so with the solution I'll probably be able to solve it by myself.

Thanks again anyways!

#7 2021-08-13 07:41:33

V1del
Forum Moderator

Well there are filesystems and potential mount options that might enforce an executable bit to be set. But if you don't use anything out of the norm here then ext4 will have whatever you applied to them. Since this is likely a "local development" folder of some sort it's often a "quick fix" for e.g. server access from a different user to just chmod 777 files which would lead to this logical behaviour.

Board footer