You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-21 12:37:15

wudu

[SOLVED] x2go "smearing" windows and extremely slow

Hi,

I just installed arch and try to use x2go. I want to run server and client on the same machine. This may sound strange but this way I can have multiple user accounts for different things I do (like work, finances etc.) and have the files separated, different firefox profiles etc. I have a "main user I log on after boot running KDE. From there I use x2goclient to connect to localhost to the different user accounts running XFCE. For testing in the x2go session I disabled audio and priniting. The connection is on LAN and compression is nopack but I also tried others.

This setup worked great on Ubuntu without any special configuration but on arch I couldn't get it to work properly. The server is running and I can connect fine but the windows and panels have thick black shadows. Moving windows "smear" the desktop, see here: https://imgur.com/AH3Q8Tg.png. Also it's unusable speedwise. At first it is as I'm used to from my Ubuntu setup but afer a minute of use it's almost came to an halt. Opening thunar or the XFCE menu for example takes 20+ seconds.

I tried to use different compositor setting and disabled it completely.

So now I'm out on ideas.

EDIT: It becomes slow when maximizing / resizing the window. It gets snappy again when I rest to the original 800x600 screen size.

Last edited by wudu (2021-08-22 07:22:04)

#2 2021-08-22 07:21:42

wudu

Re: [SOLVED] x2go "smearing" windows and extremely slow

Meanwhile I tried starting a KDE session in x2go which worked so it was clear it has to do something with XFCE. Jumped to the settings and after some time I found the compositor settting and imediateley thought, this is it. After disabling the XFCE compositor all problems are gone.

Board footer