You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-28 21:26:53

herrzinter

[SOLVED] Pipewire Bluetooth HFP Profile not visible

As I never could get HSP / HFP to work with my blueetooth ear buds reliable under pulseaudio, I just installed pipewire. The confusing thing: Now, neither HFP nor HSP profiles are listed for any device, neither in pavucontrol nor using

pactl list cards

A2DP works and even multiple codecs are shown to me under configuration in pavuctonrol / with pactl. It seems though, that pipewire supports HFP / HSP, and even with better audio quality. I tried different bluetooth headsets, and neither showed a hfp profile. The headsets support HSP / HFP, I use them as an headset under android and even one time under linux with HFP once. I use an USB bluetooth adapter with the RT8761B chipset which worked ootb.

Part of the output of `pactl list cards`

Profiles:
	off: Off (sinks: 0, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)
	a2dp-sink: High Fidelity Playback (A2DP Sink) (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)
	a2dp-sink-sbc: High Fidelity Playback (A2DP Sink, codec SBC) (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)
	a2dp-sink-sbc_xq: High Fidelity Playback (A2DP Sink, codec SBC-XQ) (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)
	a2dp-sink-aac: High Fidelity Playback (A2DP Sink, codec AAC) (sinks: 1, sources: 0, priority: 0, available: yes)
Active Profile: a2dp-sink-aac

Do I need to enable HFP at any point? Do I need additional software that I'm not aware of? To me, all tutorials seem to suggest, that HFP should work ootb with pipewire.  Is this even a problem with pipewire or with bluez? Why then, was a HFP profile shown under pulseaudio (although, as I said, it didn't work the last time I checked - it used to work some months ago though).

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by herrzinter (2021-08-29 14:08:13)

#2 2021-08-29 12:01:38

maxicarlos08

Re: [SOLVED] Pipewire Bluetooth HFP Profile not visible

Have you also installed pipewire-pulse and pipewire-alsa?

#3 2021-08-29 12:04:40

herrzinter

Yes, and it seems to be running and works with A2DP.

#4 2021-08-29 12:46:15

ugjka
Website

Mess around with settings

cp /usr/share/pipewire/media-session.d/bluez-monitor.conf ~/.config/pipewire/media-session.d/
cp /usr/share/pipewire/media-session.d/bluez-hardware.conf ~/.config/pipewire/media-session.d/
vim ~/.config/pipewire/media-session.d/bluez-monitor.conf

Also bluez config

$ grep ^[^#[] /etc/bluetooth/main.conf
ControllerMode = bredr
MultiProfile = multiple
Experimental = true
AutoEnable=true

Last edited by ugjka (2021-08-29 12:50:58)

https://ugjka.net
paru > yay | webcord > discord
pacman -S spotify-launcher
mount /dev/disk/by-...

#5 2021-08-29 14:07:08

herrzinter

The problem was apparently that I had ofono installed but not configured, see https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire … ssues/1445 . Uninstalling it, stopping its service and restarting pipewire did the trick, hfp profile is now listed and works.

Thx ugjka and maxicarlos08 for your help!

Board footer