You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-12 16:06:14

bagel

Pacman can't resolve mirror hosts

Hello Archlinux community!
I tried to install Archlinux on my PC for the first time, but when I chrooted into /mnt I couldn't download GRUB.

The error message is:

error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirror.cspacehostings.com : Could not resolve host :  mirror.cspacehostings.com

And after that I got the warning:

warning: too many errors from mirror.cspacehostings.com, skipping for the remainder of this transaction

I uncommented many other mirrors, but every server didn't work, so I got this error message at the end:

error: failed to syncronize all databases (invalid url for server)

When I exited and tried to install GRUB with pacstrap I got the same error. I actually tried pinging google.com. It didn't work too, BUT 8.8.8.8 did.
So I guess it's a DNS problem. I already tried changing the nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf.
I use USB tethering, because my adapter needs drivers to work. I don't think thats the problem, because it worked, but still.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Last edited by bagel (2021-09-12 16:26:25)

#2 2021-09-12 17:55:08

Mr Victory

Re: Pacman can't resolve mirror hosts

Hello, did you use chroot or arch-chroot? If you used chroot, please use arch-chroot instead.

Also, you can download GRUB out of chroot with pacstrap, similar to https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Instal … l_packages.

#3 2021-09-13 07:39:12

kktt

Re: Pacman can't resolve mirror hosts

Try pacman -Sy before install grub.

Board footer