You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-14 15:30:11

Klusio19

Brother DCPJ315W cant scan in windows after installing drivers in Arch

First of all Brother DCP-J315W is printer with scanner with wifi connection. My device is Lenovo Legion Y-540 laptop, dualboot with Arch and Windows. What my problem is:
I installed Arch (first time btw, I like this distro so much <3), configured all what I need, then I was trying to configure my printer. What's important I'm interested about WIRELESS (WIFI) CONNECTION ONLY. I searched internet for a while and internet suggested to install aur package for this specific Brother device instead of drivers from Brother's page, but after I installed that I still couldn't print or scan. Then I went to Brother's page and tried installing drivers from there, I chose (rpm) version and it worked fine. Printing and scanning in Arch works. But after that, I booted into Windows and I couldn't scan, I still could print tho (all the time I'm still talking about wireless connection). So I thought maby I should try to reinstall drivers in Windows, so I first uninstalled them successfully (using uninstalling tool from Brother's page), rebooted and tried to install them again (from Brother's page) but now I couldn't install drivers again, I get error IS034-InstallNetworkDriver -3. Of course I googled that error, but I couldn't find anything. Another thing is that on another laptop printing and scanning works fine (wirelss via wifi).
Also I don't really know what log or what command result I can attach, so please let me know what should I attach.
Thank you very much!

Last edited by Klusio19 (2021-09-14 15:43:02)

Board footer