You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-14 17:18:41

farnasirim

Teamviewer scroll speed too fast and jumpy

I'm connecting from my arch laptop to an Ubuntu desk via TeamViewer. The issue is that using the built-in touchpad and trackpoint to scroll in the remote desk causes fast (and inconsistent) scrolling, making them unusable (in my experience). The reason I think it is also inconsistent is that using browser extensions or passing small multipliers to imwheel on the remote side do not work as intended. The scrolling still feels broken but maybe in a different way? Some small jumps and then a huge one equal to multiple pages.
Setting

libinput Scrolling Pixel Distance 

to 50 which appears to be the max (instead of the default 15) on my laptop does slow down the scrolling speed on the laptop, but does not appear to have any effect on the scrolling behavior in the TeamViewer session.

I tried connecting a logi mouse to my laptop and the scroll wheel works fine on the remote side. I also tried AnyDesk which passes through my touchpad/trackpoint scrolling fine.

On my laptop I have xf86-input-libinput, libinput, and xorg-xinput.

Where do I start investigating this? TeamViewer doesn't seem to have specific mouse/scrolling options. I am not using alternative applications because they have different, more crippling flaws.

Last edited by farnasirim (2021-09-14 17:19:26)

Board footer