You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-29 01:35:26

rezad

[solved] persoanal private aur repository?

can a user create a separate private aur repository and host that on his local host (or a remote host) and add that to repos?
I do not mean compiled repository.
I mean a second aur separate from the https://aur.archlinux.org/packages ?
it is possible or is aur urls are hard coded in aur helpers?
if it is possible it is hard to do?

or if users just use a local folder and just create a PKGBUILD and use that?

Last edited by rezad (2021-09-29 03:54:21)

#2 2021-09-29 01:49:04

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [solved] persoanal private aur repository?

Yes, you can keep a directory full or source packages.  Whether your preferred AUR helper would check that directory depends on which helper you use - but frankly if you have all the build files locally already, why on earth would you want to use a helper?

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2021-09-29 02:06:26

rezad

I want to just add the repo to some config so that I can upload and track my personal packages on and aur like way.
maybe I am trying to hard and should just use aur as a personal package testing ground?
is that allowed?

#4 2021-09-29 02:13:48

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

rezad wrote:

... to some config

What config??  Why would you need to add it?  The "regular" aur url doesn't need to be in any config.

rezad wrote:

... aur like way.

Yeah, this makes no sense at all.  And I gather you don't really know how the AUR works.  Which helper are you dependent on?

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#5 2021-09-29 02:56:22

rezad

Trilby wrote:
rezad wrote:

... to some config

What config??  Why would you need to add it?  The "regular" aur url doesn't need to be in any config.

rezad wrote:

... aur like way.

Yeah, this makes no sense at all.  And I gather you don't really know how the AUR works.  Which helper are you dependent on?

sorry.
I wrote that in haste and had many issues.

I meant that I could create a self/remote hosted aur-like repo that hosts my pkgbuilds and configs files needed for that.

the inspiration for that is the local gitea instance that I want to have to self host and was wondering if I could create a personal AUR that had diff and git support like the official aur interface. even without web interface the aur is a thing of beauty in its management and tracking of a build system.

second question is can I forgo this and all its headache (if it is even possible to create that)  and use aur as a kind of personal testing build system for some pacakges?

a explicit example for me would be creating a ffmpeg-amd package that is like the aur ffmpeg-amd-full but without all the full stuff.
just adding some vaapi and testing that for handbrake ,which the offfical packaged one for me doesnt use hardware acceleration, which is weird and I want to test and track that pkgbuild that I create.

hope I am not too vague.

#6 2021-09-29 03:23:06

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

So you don't want a repository, you want a clone of the aur-web web interface.  All the source code for that is available, so you could put it on your own system if you'd like.

#7 2021-09-29 03:45:56

rezad

kind of.
I think my first idea was too vague and unpolished.

now can I ask for the third time:
is is allowed to used official aur repo as a testing ground for a package that only i use?

#8 2021-09-29 03:51:47

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

No

#9 2021-09-29 09:09:56

Lone_Wolf

Make sure the package you want to upload is useful. Will anyone else want to use this package? Is it extremely specialized? If more than a few people would find this package useful, it is appropriate for submission.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AUR_su … guidelines for details

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer