You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-18 17:41:00

piperdan

[Solved] Recent Firefox Upgrade to Version 93 = Annoying Flicker

For what its worth to anyone else is running into this issue...

When my Firefox browser app was recently upgraded to version 93, I started experiencing a weird annoying flicker along the bottom of the window for just a split second whenever I closed the browser. In my case, I had it set up to not show the titlebar. I found that by setting it to show the titlebar, it eliminated the annoying flicker: (hamburger menu > More tools > Customize toolbar... > check Title Bar box at lower left-hand corner). I gave up a little real-estate at the top, but it solves the annoyance.

Cheers

#2 2021-10-18 18:12:14

Morta

Re: [Solved] Recent Firefox Upgrade to Version 93 = Annoying Flicker

piperdan wrote:

For what its worth to anyone else is running into this issue...

When my Firefox browser app was recently upgraded to version 93, I started experiencing a weird annoying flicker along the bottom of the window for just a split second whenever I closed the browser. In my case, I had it set up to not show the titlebar. I found that by setting it to show the titlebar, it eliminated the annoying flicker: (hamburger menu > More tools > Customize toolbar... > check Title Bar box at lower left-hand corner). I gave up a little real-estate at the top, but it solves the annoyance.

Cheers

With which desktop environment?
Had you some errors in the journal?

#3 2021-10-18 18:59:21

piperdan

I'm using the KDE Plasma desktop.

I quickly recreated the issue, then checked for any new journal errors, using:

journalctl -p err..alert

. No errors were given for that.

p.s.
I quickly experimented with a VM arch install with xfce, and could not recreate the problem.

Last edited by piperdan (2021-10-18 19:02:03)

#4 2021-10-18 21:49:38

Gorgon

I've been having the same issue since upgrading Plasma yesterday. No big deal but definitely noticeable when closing Firefox, in my case there is a "ghost" of the tab I was on along the right and bottom edge of the screen for a split second when closing the browser.

As well as showing the title bar, I've found that the flicker goes away if the window is not maximized, even if it is still set to the full size of the screen.

#5 2021-10-19 17:36:06

piperdan

Just did an upgrade, and checked to see that the issue is fixed. No longer any need for Firefox to have the title bar.
smile

Board footer