You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-28 11:42:01

h4636oh

screenshot problem

hi! I have installed arch with kde as my DE i have a problem.

I have already tried installing arch 3 times but the problem seems to not be cured so plz help me if u know something.

i have already tried many methods like reading wiki other forums and many sites also but couldnt get the solution.

PROBLEM:
when i try to take a screenshot with any ss tool like spectacle flameshot or gnome ss it happens with each on eof them so i think there some problem in device instead of the specific app
so heres the thing when i capture screen via any tool it captures the screen which i was doing something before.

here is a eg for better understanding
i opened BRave started yt closed brave then i went to terminal and typed some commands and i want to take ss of that output i press the key for ss tools to launch and when i select any mod it will not take screenshot of termonal but of yt homepage which was opened way back before and the problem doesnt ends here if i try to take ss again it will not show me that yt hpmepage screen but might be other app which was open before it or even just the desktop.

this was my problem and i cant find its solution anywhere plz help me if possible
the work i do requires ss tool usage a lot and currently i have to take pic from my phoen which as u know wont come good as a ss.

*i have posted it on NEWbie corner also i m not trying to spam this but plz understand dont report it

#2 2021-10-28 11:50:33

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: screenshot problem

If you have xf86-video-intel installed remove it and reboot/restart X and retry.

FWIW that you posted this here is fine, but you shouldn't use the 'Hello' thread for technical support and might want to rather add some "greeting" worthy information to the other post.

Last edited by V1del (2021-10-28 11:52:19)

#3 2021-10-28 14:51:07

h4636oh

Re: screenshot problem

thanks

Board footer