You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-12 10:13:27

pepper

XFCE: caffeine-ng doesn't allow screen to lock

Hello, I've xfce and after I installed caffeine-ng my screen just suspend without locking itself anymore. Is it a caffeine bug?
I've in Settings>PowerManager>Screen the suspension setted to 3 min. Screensaver disabled and I've "lock screen after suspension..etc" enabled in Settings>PowerManager>System.

Where should the problem be?

#2 2021-12-12 13:42:47

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow

Re: XFCE: caffeine-ng doesn't allow screen to lock

Moving to AUR issues.

#3 2021-12-12 14:10:04

pepper

2ManyDogs wrote:

Moving to AUR issues.

yes but it was the only option because firefox doesn't send the "activicty signal" when I use it. So when I watch youtube videos the screen locks. I don't want to change browser.

#4 2021-12-12 14:22:52

seth

What does your intention have to do w/ the categorization of the thread?

caffeine-ng wrote:

Status bar application able to temporarily inhibit the screensaver and sleep mode.

So to get that straight: you're running a tool w/ the only purpose to inhibit the screensaver and that causes the problem that the screensaver is inhibited?

¿What?

Where should the problem be?

I suggest to focus on the original problem instead of attempting magic workarounds - caffeine does clearly not do what you expect it to do (what I assume to be *only* prevent the locker while you're playing some video in firefox)

#5 2021-12-12 15:46:57

pepper

what I assume to be *only* prevent the locker while you're playing some video in firefox

yes it is what I needed: when I use firefox for videos the screen doesn't power off/suspend, but in all other cases when the screen is (correctly) suspended, it's not locked too.

I suggest to focus on the original problem instead of attempting magic workarounds

Ok, the problem was this: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=272017 I'll return in the old thread to try a more logical solution.

Board footer