You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-13 17:41:54

matt-3

[SOLVED] Discord on Sway - Fails to start

The loading window pops up and has content. The application window pops up but is a black screen, and sometimes has a white bar at the top. Then the application window closes and reopens (after the first "Crashed" in the output), then closes again (after the second).

Here is the full command used to start Discord:

discord-canary --enable-features=UseOzonePlatform,WebRTCPipeWireCapturer --ozone-platform=wayland

(The exact same issue occurs with the other release channels.)

Here's the output from the command:

DiscordCanary 0.0.131
Starting app.
Starting updater.
[Modules] Modules initializing
[Modules] Distribution: remote
[Modules] Host updates: enabled
[Modules] Module updates: enabled
[Modules] Module install path: /home/matt/.config/discordcanary/0.0.131/modules
[Modules] Module installed file path: /home/matt/.config/discordcanary/0.0.131/modules/installed.json
[Modules] Module download path: /home/matt/.config/discordcanary/0.0.131/modules/pending
[Modules] No updates to install
[Modules] Checking for host updates.
[Modules] Host is up to date.
[Modules] Checking for module updates at https://discord.com/api/modules/canary/versions.json
[Modules] No module updates available.

Failed to get crash dump id.
Report Id: 529478ed-e22c-46
[WebContents] crashed (crashed)... reloading

Failed to get crash dump id.
Report Id: 6ff03ccf-67db-4c
[WebContents] double crashed (crashed)... RIP =(

I don't believe Discord has any other logs I could view—at least ones that are user-accessible roll

Last edited by matt-3 (2021-12-13 18:32:08)

“In science it often happens that scientists say, ‘You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,’ and then they actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again… I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.” —Carl Sagan, 1987 CSICOP keynote address

#2 2021-12-13 18:31:43

matt-3

Re: [SOLVED] Discord on Sway - Fails to start

Sorry for wasting your time. After a reboot it worked perfectly. tongue

“In science it often happens that scientists say, ‘You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,’ and then they actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again… I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.” —Carl Sagan, 1987 CSICOP keynote address

#3 2021-12-20 20:56:43

wa

I have the same issue, but a reboot for me does unfortunately not magically solve it. Could there have been other things you have changed prior to rebooting?
Have you ever ran discord in xwayland, or did you only ever tried the flagged commands to get it directly to work under wayland?

#4 2021-12-20 21:03:36

wa

Yes, also with canary I have no luck, it did pull the updates, then crashed. After reboot the machine, just a crash at the loading of the main window akin to what you describe above. Has it been working for you consistently afterwards, or were you one-time lucky?

#5 2021-12-20 23:16:19

matt-3

It's been working consistently. I don't use XWayland at all since it's always blurry on my screen.

I'm not sure if there were other things I did. I assume you're using the same flags as me?

Board footer