You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-19 17:56:52

worralorrasurfa

fslint-gui: Fails complete build

fslint-gui: This installs an incomplete build. In /usr/share/fslint it only installs fslint.glade fslint_icon.png. There is supposed to be another folder/directory called fslint inside this one, but it doesn't get built.

Fortunately, I have another older system with a complete files build.

This is how it should be:

~ $ ls -R --group-directories-first /usr/share/fslint
/usr/share/fslint:
fslint    fslint.glade  fslint_icon.png

/usr/share/fslint/fslint:
fstool    findbl    findid    findns    findsn    findu8    findup    zipdir
supprt    finded    findnl    findrs    findtf    findul    fslint

/usr/share/fslint/fslint/fstool:
dir_size  dupwaste  edu  lS

/usr/share/fslint/fslint/supprt:
rmlint    fslver    getffl    getffp    getfpf    md5sum_approx

/usr/share/fslint/fslint/supprt/rmlint:
fixdup    fixdup.sh  fix_ws.sh  merge_hardlinks  view_ws.sh

I copied this directory to the current install on a new system. After changing permissions on 3 files (finded, findup, and merge_hardlinks) it works perfectly.

I mostly want to let the builder/community know about this issue. I use fslint ALOT, so hopefully someone can see if this issue can be corrected.

#2 2021-12-19 18:43:27

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: fslint-gui: Fails complete build

worralorrasurfa wrote:

I mostly want to let the builder/community know...

Then you should post a comment on the aur page for this package.  The forums are (primarily) for troubleshooting.

EDIT: but before that, you should read the stickied comment on the AUR page for this package.  You failed to install the built packages of the split package.

EDIT 2: hmm, the sticked comment says one should install the optional dependencies ... but the PKGBUILD doesn't list any.  Your problem is that you installed the gui package, but not the regular package that it should depend on.  The PKGBUILD itself is missing this dependency, and missing any listing of optional dependencies.  These latter two issues should be reported to the maintainer to fix.

Last edited by Trilby (2021-12-19 18:48:30)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2021-12-20 01:54:39

worralorrasurfa

Re: fslint-gui: Fails complete build

Hi Trilby

I intended to post on the aur page, but couldn't find a"post" button. So, I wound up here.

After reading your post, eventually it dawned on me. Before that page was updated to fslint-GUI (2021-11-19 16:56), the old way to build "fslint" was to install fslint AND pygtk, and all was well...then. NOW I see it. You're right.

When this all started the other day, I tried the old way and it installed everyting EXCEPT fslint.glade and fslint_icon.png. I was removing these files out of frustration then installing fslint-gui which only installed fslint.glade and fslint_icon.png.

Now I get it. Install fslint, pygtk, AND fslint-gui.

Too bad that pinned comment on the aur page doesn't indicate this.

Oh, well. I may be slow, but I get there eventually.

Board footer