You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-23 01:34:01

sol_caliente

Usershare error 255 on caja

Hello, I'd like to create a new shared folder in samba, but everytime I try to do it on caja (the MATE file manager) it tells me that net usershare has returned error 255. When trying to share a subdirectory though, it's more specific:

net usershare ha devuelto el error 255: [2021/12/22 19:29:18, 0] ../../lib/util/debug.c:1100(reopen_one_log)
reopen_one_log: Unable to open new log file 'Debian/log.net': No existe el fichero o el directorio
net usershare add: share name /mnt/personal/qemu/debian contains invalid characters (any of %<>*?|^+=;:",)

With " No existe el fichero o el directorio" meaning that the specified file doesn't exist and /mnt/Personal/qemu/Debian is the folder I want to share.

Mind you, I've set up samba shared folders before, so the group, the permissions, the log file config, everything is set up.
Has anyone run into the same problem before, and knows what to do? It's possible that it's a caja bug, so I'll try contacting the developers bug tracker, if there's one.

Note: usershare works, when trying to create a shared folder through the command line, everything's ok.

I just want to sleep the sleep of ages, to know again the Great Rest, the perpetual bliss, to hear the songs the stars sing on the shores of the great sea.

#2 2022-04-19 18:00:32

maoxuner
Website

Re: Usershare error 255 on caja

Board footer