You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-23 09:07:21

zaxdan69

Icewm problems

I use xinit and tty autologin and not a display manager to start a graphical environment. I recently start to use icewm manager and I have some problems with it.
I have use a lot different DEs without those problems, so seems that icewm causes them.

1. Firefox starts every time with a new tab beside the existing tabs. The first time has 1 new empty tab, the second 2 empty tabs etc. This doesn't happens in any other DE or WM I used or use.
EDIT: This one solved. Just needed to change the line about web-browser in toolbar to don't run the browser with a blank page.

2.I have a usb pc remote control which I use with kodi mainly. I've set for some years now a custom keyboard.xml in kodi which I also have used in different DEs and distributions. There there is a shortcut for  "alt+windows+enter" which is setted to toggle kodi fullscreen. With Icewm, when I use this button of remote in kodi instead of "alt+windows+enter" performs only the "enter" keystroke and the other keys ignored. This never happened in any other distro or in arch which I use the last 2 years and in any other DE/WM(cinnamon, gnome3, kde, fluxbox, xfce etc) I have used. If I use in keyboard the "alt-windows-enter" it works fine but not in remote.

Last edited by zaxdan69 (2021-12-24 07:57:17)

Board footer