You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-04 11:14:30

GTerigi

Failed to commit transaction updating npm

Hi, I tried to upgrade my system with the latest updates but my installation failed to commit transaction (conflicting files).

Of the 361 packages that I tried to update/install/build I narrowed down the faulty ones, that are "node-gyp-8.4.1-1  nodejs-17.3.0-1  npm-8.3.0-1".

My pacman -Syu command produces this output:

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (3) node-gyp-8.4.1-1  nodejs-17.3.0-1  npm-8.3.0-1

Total Installed Size:  41,11 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       0,68 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
(3/3) checking keys in keyring                                        [######################################] 100%
(3/3) checking package integrity                                      [######################################] 100%
(3/3) loading package files                                           [######################################] 100%
(3/3) checking for file conflicts                                     [######################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/docs/content/using-npm/logging.md exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/docs/output/using-npm/logging.html exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/display.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/log-file.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/log-shim.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/timers.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/with-chown-sync.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/arborist/lib/override-set.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/just-diff-apply/index.mjs exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/just-diff-apply/rollup.config.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/just-diff/index.mjs exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/just-diff/rollup.config.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/parse-conflict-json/LICENSE.md exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/parse-conflict-json/lib/index.js exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I thought that I might remove manually this files, but I fear I'll break all my electrons app and nodejs dependency on the PC.

Thought and advice?

Thanks a lot

#2 2022-01-05 08:14:57

philo

Re: Failed to commit transaction updating npm

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/pacman … )%22_error

Edit- This may be relevvant:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=272138

Last edited by philo (2022-01-05 10:17:40)

#3 2022-01-05 14:15:39

GTerigi

philo wrote:

Thanks a lot! After a few warnings, everything went back to the usual order. Now it's working correctly.

#4 2022-01-05 16:53:05

philo

Please mark your thread as [SOLVED].

Board footer