You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-07 05:54:55

Arkips

Feh won't go to next image [SOLVED]

When I open an image in feh (by clicking on the file) I cannot cycle through the other images in the folder using the arrow keys.

I can zoom in and quit using the default keybindings and I can also right click and change options so I am sure feh itself is working fine. When i open an image with feh through the command line using the "--start-at" option everything works fine.

My desktop file for feh contains the "-start-at" option in the Exec line, so I am confused as to why the default behaviour when I open a file by clicking doesn't work correctly? I wonder if there is another config file somewhere that is overriding the desktop file but the only relevant config file that the feh manual mentions to is the "theme" file which I have left empty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this seems like such a dumb issue but it's doing my head in.

Last edited by Arkips (2022-01-08 00:38:24)

#2 2022-01-07 08:12:07

seth

Re: Feh won't go to next image [SOLVED]

The "--start-at" related behavior is normal, the relevant question here is:
=>   where you're "clicking on the file"
I assume some FM, but the details matter (ie. which one) because there's no guarantee for /usr/share/applications/feh.desktop ends up being invoked at all.
It could be shadowed in ~/.local/share/applications/ but I actually don't expect it to be.

#3 2022-01-07 11:57:15

Arkips

Good point, I forgot to include that - I'm using Thunar.

To rephrase my problem more accurately: When I open an image file in Thunar (using feh) I am unable to scroll through other pictures in the same folder.

#4 2022-01-07 12:06:58

Arkips

I've just checked ~/.local/share/applications/feh.desktop (which I forgot existed) and lo and behold, I have previously edited it and forgot to include "--start-at". Problem solved.

Thank you seth, I owe you a beer.

#5 2022-01-07 13:18:40

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] (edit the title of your first post).

Board footer