You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-15 11:52:00

DemonLord

How to freeze webcam?

Hello, everyone!
I am searching for solution to freeze a webcam at specific moment anywhere (Zoom, Discord, Teams,etc.)
Anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Thanks!

#2 2022-01-15 12:16:28

progandy

Re: How to freeze webcam?

There is nothing ready-made as far as I know.
One option would be to create a virtual webcam and use OBS to stream your real webcam to it. Find and install the freeze filter as well. In OBS you should be able to create an alternative scene with a "freeze" filter on the webcam, then toggle between those scenes.
Another option would be to use webcamoid (and akvcam) to create a virtual webcam. Then record a short clip in webcamoid, load it as a new source video and switch to it.

To create something specific to your task, you'd have to either create a special filter for webcamoid or write something that captures a camera and then sends the captured video or a still frame to akvcam or v4l2loopback.
https://github.com/webcamoid/webcamoid/issues/98

Last edited by progandy (2022-01-15 12:30:51)

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#3 2022-01-16 10:13:13

DemonLord

Re: How to freeze webcam?

progandy wrote:

There is nothing ready-made as far as I know.
One option would be to create a virtual webcam and use OBS to stream your real webcam to it. Find and install the freeze filter as well. In OBS you should be able to create an alternative scene with a "freeze" filter on the webcam, then toggle between those scenes.
Another option would be to use webcamoid (and akvcam) to create a virtual webcam. Then record a short clip in webcamoid, load it as a new source video and switch to it.

To create something specific to your task, you'd have to either create a special filter for webcamoid or write something that captures a camera and then sends the captured video or a still frame to akvcam or v4l2loopback.
https://github.com/webcamoid/webcamoid/issues/98

Thanks, I'll try use OBS and consider webcamoid

Board footer