You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-18 12:39:22

TT-392

pulseview: error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.9.so.1.0

Earlier today I reported the following bug on the bug tracker:

"After a full system update (pacman -Syu) and installing pulseview (pacman -S pulseview) and running pulseview from the terminal, I get a "pulseview: error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.9.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". This very much sounds like pulseview having been linked to python3.9 instead of python3.10 in the official repos to me (at least, I hope I am not just reporting something stupid I did"
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/73404

This report got closed with as reason:
Not a bug
And with the additional comments:
Partially updated system. Use the forum if you need support.

The steps I did that led to this issue:
sudo pacman -Syu
sudo pacman -S pulseview
pulseview

So... how can I ensure my system is fully up to date?

#2 2022-01-18 12:43:15

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: pulseview: error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.9.so.1.0

pulseview is not linked to libpython* at all. Check the binary with lddtree (from the pax-utils package), see what's actually causing the problem.

#3 2022-01-18 13:18:34

TT-392

Re: pulseview: error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.9.so.1.0

Scimmia wrote:

pulseview is not linked to libpython* at all. Check the binary with lddtree (from the pax-utils package), see what's actually causing the problem.

It turns out either libsigrok or libsigrokdecode was the problem. I installed pulseview, plus these dependencies from the aur a while ago. A pacman -S libsigrok and libsigrokdecode and replacing their -git packages with official packages fixed the problem.

Board footer