You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-19 05:36:09

jrubz

[Solved] Unable to install user-generated .ttf font

Inevitably, I'll probably be chewed out for this, but I've gone over the Font section in the Arch Wiki a number of times and can't seem to figure out which step I'm going wrong at in trying to install a self-created .ttf file.

-k Font Viewer just returns an error in attempting to open any font files, even those already installed on my system. I'm assuming I'm just going to ignore this, because I'm guessing it isn't configured for this on Arch. The font file; however, does open in fontforge.

-I did not have a .local/share/fonts folder. I created one; however, I am unsure of how to configure this to be seen as a valid entry area for fonts, or if programs activated in userspace will just look for that pathway when looking for fonts without me needing to do anything else.

Lastly, for some odd reason, if I try
$ sudo cp Pixel9000.ttf /usr/share/fonts/TTF

in attempt to place my font file directly in the rootspace for fonts, it simply reads

cp: cannot stat 'Pixel9000.ttf': No such file or directory

...upon it being the actual name of the file to copy as confirmed in my GUI...

With the pretext of what I have tried here so far, what would be my options in further proceeding to install a user created fontfile?

Solution Edit: upon manually creating a .local/share/fonts folder, all applications will automatically attempt to locate userspace fonts here, even if it did not exist before.

Last edited by jrubz (2022-01-19 05:41:35)

Board footer