You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-04 17:08:36

MaxMatic

[Solved]Black Screen when resolution change of UHD screen (Lenovo Y50)

Hello,

First of all, sorry if my English is not very well.

I have a Lenovo Y50-70 with an UHD display.
I've been using Archlinux with GNOME for a while with two screens :
- I have a 1920x1080 screen connected to my laptop in HDMI, which is my primary screen.
- I use the native screen of my laptop as a second screen (on the left of the other one), it has a maximum resolution of 3840x2160, but I prefer to use a resolution of 1920x1080, otherwise all the elements look really tiny.

Until now, everything worked fine.
But since a recent update, I'm no longer able to use my UHD screen with another resolution than 3840x2160.
When I try to use the screen with another resolution (like 1920x1080), it turns to a black screen...

I tried to change the drivers (I switched from "nouveau" to the proprietary Nvidia drivers), but nothing changed.
It's very annoying, and I don't know what is causing this problem.

I tried to change the resolution with xrandr too, but I have a "xrandr: Configure crtc 1 failed" error.

If you have any explanation or solution to my problem, I would be very grateful.
If you need more information, you can ask me !

Thanks for the help !

EDIT : I finally found the problem.
It's because of the linux-zen kernel. I switched to the linux-lts kernel and it fixed the problem.
I've been using linux-zen for a while and I'm sad to have to give up this kernel, but it's my only solution by now.
I hope this could help others who encountered the same problem.

Last edited by MaxMatic (2022-02-07 06:55:53)

Board footer