You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-09 20:09:30

Tristero

[SOLVED]KMail crashes on opening Mails signed or encrypted with S/MIME

Hi everyone,

since yesterday I had the problem that KMail crashed whenever I tried to opened any mail either signed or encrypted with an S/MIME user certificate. Since on restart KMail selects the mail that was selected before the crash, I faced a situation where KMail just opened its main window for a split second before crashing again. After I succeeded in clicking very fast, I managed to select a non-encrypted mail and KMail started up fine once again. Whenever I tried to open an S/MIME signed or encrypted mail, KMail crashed again though.

It seems to me that it could be this issue: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=449826

I have no understanding of the actual cause, but downgrading qgpgme to 1.16.0-3 fixed the problem for me after pacman -Syu brought me 1.17.0-1 yesterday.

Did anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by Tristero (2022-02-09 20:16:37)

You might very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

#2 2022-02-14 10:11:22

Tristero

Re: [SOLVED]KMail crashes on opening Mails signed or encrypted with S/MIME

Answering my own question: yesterday's update brought me kmail 21.12.2-2 and gpgme 1.17.0-2. I also upgraded the previously pinned qgpgme to 1.17.0-2 again.

The KDE bug linked above was updated to "RESOLVED downstream". Problem seems to be gone.

You might very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

Board footer