You are not logged in.

#26 2022-02-18 01:15:46

codefossa

Re: [solved]firefox can no longer play videos

jasonwryan wrote:

No, no-one mentioned twitch, which I don't watch anyway. H264, WebM works fine without the additional package.

Twitch and YouTube both had an issue for me when attempting to watch live streams until installing the ffmpeg4.4 package.

stanczew wrote:

As an example, without ffmpeg4.4 I can still play YouTube videos, but Twitch streams complain about missing codecs.

YouTube videos could play, but YouTube live streams could not.  I didn't test Twitch videos (previous streams), but their live streams would also not play.

I appreciate everyone figuring out the issue to this so quickly! smile

#27 2022-02-18 05:10:25

fukawi2
Ex-Administratorino
Website

Re: [solved]firefox can no longer play videos

unaboomer wrote:

Where I come from, you take responsibility for the problems you cause.

Where the rest of us come from, we have patience and respect for other people volunteering to provide a highly complex technical product. Every single person developing Arch, and supporting you on the forums, is volunteering their time for free. None of us owe you anything. If you want to have someone to yell at when things break, then I suggest you go pay RedHat or Canonical for a support contract on their products. While you are in our community, we expect you to act politely and respectful towards others. If you feel you haven't been granted the same, then perhaps you are reaping what you sow.

Board footer