You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-04 09:46:06

notprash

[SOLVED] Install aur packages as dependecies for PKGBUILD.

I am trying to install the pup package as a dependency for my pkgbuild. I don't quite know how to go doing that.

Last edited by notprash (2022-03-05 10:19:49)

#2 2022-03-04 09:54:50

a821

Re: [SOLVED] Install aur packages as dependecies for PKGBUILD.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch_U … g_packages

What specifically are you trying to do that does not work?

Edit: link

Last edited by a821 (2022-03-04 09:56:20)

#3 2022-03-04 09:56:29

ishaanbhimwal
Website

First you need to explicitly install those AUR dependencies before you build your package with" --asdeps" flag and then build and install the package from your PKGBUILD. All this is not required while using a AUR helper like yay etc.

#4 2022-03-04 10:02:58

notprash

ishaanbhimwal wrote:

First you need to explicitly install those AUR dependencies before you build your package with" --asdeps" flag and then build and install the package from your PKGBUILD. All this is not required while using a AUR helper like yay etc.

Here is my current PKGBUILD

# This is an example PKGBUILD file. Use this as a start to creating your own,
# and remove these comments. For more information, see 'man PKGBUILD'.
# NOTE: Please fill out the license field for your package! If it is unknown,
# then please put 'unknown'.

# Maintainer: Your Name <youremail@domain.com>
pkgname=manga-cli
pkgver=1.0
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Script to read manga from cli."
arch=('any')
url="https://github.com/notprash/manga-cli.git"
license=('MIT')
depends=('curl', 'zathura', 'zathura-cb')
makedepends=('git')
optdepends=('zathura-pdf-poppler: view manga file as pdf', 'imagemagick: converting files to pdf')
provides=('manga-cli')
conflicts=('manga-cli')
replaces=()
backup=()
options=()
install=
changelog=
source=("git+$url")
noextract=()
md5sums=('SKIP')
validpgpkeys=()

pkgver() {
	cd "$srcdir/manga-cli"
}

package() {
	cd "$srcdir"
}

Now where do I add pup as a dependency

#5 2022-03-04 10:07:39

a821

In the "depends" array. Remove the arrays that you don't need, eg, options, backup,

Edit: Issues I see

1. `pkgname` should be manga-cli-git as you do not use git-tags.
2. you need a `pkgver` function (https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/VCS_pa … )_function)
3. Don't forget to copy the LICENSE to "$pkgdir/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/" (https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PKGBUILD#license)

Last edited by a821 (2022-03-04 10:16:37)

#6 2022-03-04 10:16:03

notprash

a821 wrote:

In the "depends" array. Remove the arrays that you don't need, eg, options, backup

It gives me a error instead of installing deps

=> Making package: manga-cli r43.6f90d80-1 (Fri Mar  4 15:45:40 2022)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Missing dependencies:
  -> pup
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> ERROR: Could not resolve all dependencies.

#7 2022-03-04 10:17:53

a821

you need to install "pup" first using makepkg. See my edit in post #5 for other issues.

#8 2022-03-04 10:22:10

notprash

a821 wrote:

In the "depends" array. Remove the arrays that you don't need, eg, options, backup,

Edit: Issues I see

1. `pkgname` should be manga-cli-git as you do not use git-tags.
2. you need a `pkgver` function (https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/VCS_pa … )_function)
3. Don't forget to copy the LICENSE to "$pkgdir/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/" (https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PKGBUILD#license)

there is already a packaged named manga-cli-git

#9 2022-03-04 10:30:43

a821

notprash wrote:

there is already a packaged named manga-cli-git

I see, you need to choose another pkgname as it is already taken. In any case, the pkgname must have the suffix "-git" because yours is a VCS package.

#10 2022-03-04 10:41:20

notprash

pkgname='manga-cli-notprash-git'                                                                 
_pkgname='manga-cli'                                                                             
pkgver=1.0.r43.6f90d80                                                                           
pkgrel=1                                                                                         
pkgdesc="Script to read manga from cli."                                                         
arch=('any')                                                                                     
url="https://github.com/notprash/manga-cli.git"                                                  
license=('MIT')                                                                                  
depends=('curl' 'zathura' 'zathura-cb' 'pup')                                                    
makedepends=('git')                                                                              
optdepends=('zathura-pdf-poppler: view manga file as pdf', 'imagemagick: converting files to pdf'
provides=('manga-cli')                                                                           
conflicts=('manga-cli')                                                                          
source=("git+$url")                                                                              
md5sums=('SKIP')                                                                                 

pkgver() {                                                                                       
    cd "$srcdir/${_pkgname}"                                                                     
    printf "1.0.r%s.%s" "$(git rev-list --count HEAD)" "$(git rev-parse --short HEAD)"           
}                                                                                                

package() {                                                                                      
    cd "$srcdir/$_pkgname"                                                                       
    install -Dm755 ./manga-cli "$pkgdir/usr/bin/manga-cli"                                       
}                                                                                                                                                            

my current PKGBUILD. It installs everything but does not move the manga-cli script to /usr/bin

#11 2022-03-04 11:14:55

a821

optdepends=('zathura-pdf-poppler: view manga file as pdf', 'imagemagick: converting files to pdf'

missing closing bracket and remove extra comma

provides=('manga-cli')

As said, this is other package, so it should not provide it (unless both packages are equivalent). You can remove this line.

conflicts=('manga-cli')

that package does not exist, most likely you meant 'manga-cli-git' (both provide a binary called manga-cli).

printf "1.0.r%s.%s" "$(git rev-list --count HEAD)" "$(git rev-parse --short HEAD)"

remove the "1.0." part so you get r43.6f90d80. If you create tags, then the last tag will be added automatically (but that command line must change, see the wiki).

Add the license in `package()` (something like)

install -Dm644 -t "${pkgdir}/usr/share/licenses/${pkgname}" LICENSE

but does not move the manga-cli script to /usr/bin

The script does not need to be moved to /usr/bin. You get a package that you install with `pacman -U` (or you can run `makepkg -i` to install the package after building it)

Last edited by a821 (2022-03-04 11:16:17)

Board footer