You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-03 01:57:07

QuimaxW
Website

Network Manager, No network device found.

I'm very new to Arch (I've been a SuSE dude before this...).  I'm using a Sony Vaio FS VGN series.

So far, I've followed instructions, some intuition, and gotten things installed.

I have eth0 @ eth1 as the ipw2200 & e100 devices, respectively (although they sometimes switch).

ifwconfig -a shows both devices as working.

Using the normal ifconfig I get an ip address on the wired line.  Once configuring NetworkManager, it loads fine, I can't find any error messages.  The KNetworkManager applet states "No network device found."

In rc.conf (relevant parts):

lo="lo 127.0.0.1"
eth0="dhcp"
eth1="dhcp"
INTERFACES=(lo eth0 !eth1)

DAEMONS=(syslog-ng 915resolution !hotplug !pcmcia network dhcdbd networkmanager netfs crond portmap)

I honesly don't know whwere else to look.  Just let me know what other information I need to post to get this to work.[/code]

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

#2 2006-12-04 05:25:39

QuimaxW
Website

Re: Network Manager, No network device found.

I got this solved now!  I'm quite proud of myself. smile

Turns out the networkmanager is also reliant on the 'hal' service.  I added hal to my daemons line in rc.conf (before dhcdbd) and all is well.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Board footer