You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-06 17:56:39

jens1108

Java/Netbeans Issue: CRC errors on valid ZIP/JAR files

Hello everyone,

I have a strange issue with the Java installation on my workstation. It started with Netbeans suddenly reporting CRC errors for several classes from Maven dependencies. Knowing that JAR files in fact are ZIP files I tested the affected JAR files in `~/.m2/repository` with `unzip -t`. This test says the files are sane.

I then did some experiments, and wrote I small Java program with simply iterates over the entries in a ZIP file using `java.util.zip.ZipInputStream`. Result: Also got CRC errors for the same files Netbeans couldn't process. Then I mounted the home dir of my workstation on my Notebook using SSHFS, and run the exact same program (also copied the build on my workstation to my Notebook), and run the program for the same file from my Notebook: Everything works fine, no errors reported. Then I did it the other way around and mounted the home dir of my Notebook on my workstation and run the test program with a file on the notebook. Result: CRC errors.

Tested with OpenJDK 8, 11, and 17, all have the same issue. Also tried to reinstall the packages (jdk11-openjdk, jre11-openjdk, and jre11-openjdk-headless): No change.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Jens

#2 2022-04-12 06:14:53

jens1108

Re: Java/Netbeans Issue: CRC errors on valid ZIP/JAR files

Board footer