You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-09 07:12:41

Toffix

Can`t Xvnc into user while logged out

Hi, I`m new to arch linux, and I`d like to connect my laptop to my computer.
When I look at xrdp-sesman, after one second, the process is terminated and an error occurs:
[ERROR] sesman_main_loop: trans_check_wait_objs failed, removing trans
On my laptop, I get:
ERRINFO_LOGOFF_BY_USER (0x0000000C):The disconnection was initiated by the user logging off their session on the server.
[09:03:52:194] [8921:8922] [ERROR][com.freerdp.core] - rdp_set_error_info:freerdp_set_last_error_ex ERRINFO_LOGOFF_BY_USER [0x0001000C]
Anybody has any ideas about how to solve this? I`ve been looking for answer for more than three hours...

#2 2022-08-07 18:03:04

vf

Re: Can`t Xvnc into user while logged out

same

#3 2022-08-08 19:53:56

seth

Congratulations - the OP is almost void of useful information and you easily undercut that level.

Start by reading https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Xrdp#Usage and explain what your startwm and xinitrc look like.
Also check the hosts journals for crashes in the client/wm you attmept to start.

#4 2022-08-09 09:21:35

vf

More precisely it happen for me while using WL/X FreeRDP connecting to a Windows VM
Ít occurs a lot for some reasons. But mainly because the VM considers to already have a session opened for the user that we try to connect to, despite the fact that sometimes it's hardly understandable to explain why. I can't get to a reliable solution myself because I get caught most of the time by a timeout that blocks me from testing things. Because my VM is so slow that it takes like five minutes to open a distant session. The wrapper I use have a timeout of like two seconds, so the numbers don't match
The solution should be to find a way to close all sessions to get another try to connect. Or find a way to get multiple connection to a same session. Or use multiple users. Or reboot frantically the VM till it works. Sometimes the error is trickier. Sometimes there's no session but the RDP has no way to function correctly so it close itself like that. It's really a wide error where the real problem is not being disconnected but rather why Windows doesn't let us, or the RDP doesn't let us. And sometimes the problem is more about compositing or something else. Still haven't figured out a nice solution. But in my case I don't thing it has to see with those configuration files. And I get no more crash message because FreeRDP is not talkative to tell if he's crashing or what and because my VM never crashed, it was always fine while I experienced those problems

#5 2022-08-10 06:32:15

seth

More precisely it happen for me while using WL/X FreeRDP connecting to a Windows VM

That's not exactly the OPs situation, though.

Sometimes there's no session but the RDP has no way to function correctly so it close itself like that.

The "Remote Desktop Protocol" allows you to remote control another system - it's not like ssh, but actually more like X11. You still need a running session to remote control on the remote system.
You cannot have no session there and keep using RDP with nothing on the other side.

t's really a wide error where the real problem is not being disconnected but rather why Windows doesn't let us, or the RDP doesn't let us.

Not sure whether I parse this correctly, but again: RDP does NOT provide a remote login - it merely forwards the sessions IO over the network.

#6 2022-08-10 08:11:56

vf

seth wrote:

You cannot have no session there and keep using RDP with nothing on the other side.

It's funny because both wrapper that I use need explicitly no session opened because otherwise you can't open a new session on an already used user, so quite the contrary

But I get the RDP concept. Only the thing is the wrapper I use need to open session themselves, with I don't know what flag

Last edited by vf (2022-08-10 08:13:29)

#7 2022-08-10 13:53:50

seth

Only the thing is the wrapper I use need to open session themselves, with I don't know what flag

Neither do we.
What wrapper on what system?
I suggest you start a new thread for this since the OP doesn't mention wrapper™ at all.

#8 2022-08-10 17:43:10

vf

seth wrote:

Only the thing is the wrapper I use need to open session themselves, with I don't know what flag

Neither do we.
What wrapper on what system?
I suggest you start a new thread for this since the OP doesn't mention wrapper™ at all.

WinApps and Cassowary

Board footer