You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-28 15:47:31

ElMastro

[Solved]Software about photogrammetry

Good evening,
I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to install/configure a software that could reconstruct a 3d model from a bunch of images (eventually extracted as frames from a video). Now I have solved my problem, but I would like to left this post so if someone has my same problem he/she will not have to waste time on this.

I have found the solution installing MVStudio from https://github.com/LiangliangNan/MVStudio
and then exporting the point cloud with pcl (available in AUR).

The reason for doing this is that I haven't find any software suitable for me, because:

Visual-sfm, alice-vision and similar require CUDA (4600Mb, and I haven't even an nvidia card)
I had a bash script which worked with mve-git (it was great) but unfortunately it isn't easy for me to make mve works anymore(problems with tbb);
I don't have so much space in my drive, so as it would make more sense (probably) to make it works on Blender with the plugin, I prefer this way.

The procedure of reconstruction takes some time if you works with a decent resolution, but it seems affordable to me and so this (at least for now) is my solution.
Have a nice day!

#2 2022-04-28 16:04:58

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [Solved]Software about photogrammetry

There's little point in posting a solved thread in a help forum.  If you want to provide information useful for other users about using a bit of software, you can contribute to the wiki.  There is a photogrammetry section in the wiki's list of applications, but MVStudio is not listed there - you may want to add it, and if you have any other relevant information about it you could make a page for it - making a PKGBUILD for it would also benefit others.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2022-12-27 11:50:45

ElMastro

Re: [Solved]Software about photogrammetry

Mr Trilby I am sorry, I noticed your comment just now.
unfortunately the system I was using with MVStudio seems not to work just now.

When I am sure it works I will propose a modification on the photogrammetry section of the wiki.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Marco M.

Board footer