You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-02 08:01:50

PiotrLobo6780

NVIDIA (driver?) problem GTX 1660 Ti

Hello! I've my arch system for about month. My gtx 1660 ti does not like linux and after installing arch with kde, I've tried under KVM and native other distributions like Ubuntu and Manjaro. My desktop and apps are lagging as hell, for first I thought that I installed my drivers wrong but when same desktop suttering and lagging was on Manjaro, I've decided to write about this on forum. This card is from Inno3D, someone had similar problems? I am now using RX 560 for linux and gtx for KVMs.

#2 2022-06-02 08:38:18

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: NVIDIA (driver?) problem GTX 1660 Ti

There's no useful information here. In general you can install the normal driver set nvidia, {lib32-}nvidia-utils. Some desktop stuttering can be normal even if the driver is set up correctly, you can usually greatly reduce that by enabling triple buffering in the driver with e.g. a snippet in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-nvidia-tripleBuffer.conf

Section "OutputClass" 
    MatchDriver "nvidia-drm"
    Driver "nvidia"
    Option "TripleBuffer" "on"
EndSection

Alternatively since a lot of these issues are somewhat inherent to xorg and can happen on open drivers as well you might  want to test the Wayland support that is present in the newer drivers by enabling KMS https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/NVIDIA … de_setting though this is in heavy development and there might still be a few bugs.

Last edited by V1del (2022-06-16 11:43:04)

Board footer