You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-26 19:15:03

nahush

[SOLVED] /vmlinuz-linux-lts file not found?

Hello friends,

As i was updating my system my laptop got suddenly got shut off due to no power. ( That was my mistake)but at the time my kernels ( which i have 2 of them lts and linux) was getting updated.which cause the problem of showing /vmlinuz-linux-lts file was not found.when i start my laptop now i get screen of

Loading linu linux- lts....
error : file '/vmlinuz-linux-lts' not found.
Loading initial ramdisk....
error : you need load the kernels first.

Press any key to continue......

When I press a key i am going back to selection of kernels to boot from but they don't as same file of both kernels is missing I guess.i am thrown back to Same screen again and again.

I do understand that shutting off cause above problem. How should I make things work again.

Please help.

Last edited by nahush (2022-06-27 21:13:44)

#2 2022-06-26 20:01:15

seth

#3 2022-06-27 15:30:02

nahush

Re: [SOLVED] /vmlinuz-linux-lts file not found?

Thank for answer, i did as told in wiki. But I am having problems for unmount of mnt . As i read on i got understanding that as i have rbind sys and dev i have to rslave both of them.but after doing that still i am unable to unmount.error i get is

umount: /mnt/sys/fs/cgroup: target is busy.

Any answer for this.

And also when I check for broken packages i get list of them. When I try to install and recheck , i still get installed packages in that list.

I think if i reboot now changes will not get saved.

Last edited by nahush (2022-06-27 15:36:42)

#4 2022-06-27 15:59:47

seth

Some alterations in -Qikk are normal.

# sync

will synchronize cached writes to persistent storage (ie. make sure all data is written to disk) and will happen along umounts on reboot.
Otherwise you need to umount things in reverse order (umount /mnt/sys; /mnt/proc; /mnt/boot; … umount /mnt)

#5 2022-06-27 16:12:11

nahush

seth wrote:

Some alterations in -Qikk are normal.

# sync

will synchronize cached writes to persistent storage (ie. make sure all data is written to disk) and will happen along umounts on reboot.
Otherwise you need to umount things in reverse order (umount /mnt/sys; /mnt/proc; /mnt/boot; … umount /mnt)

I did sync , and still no progress, i still can't boot system. Getting same error , can there be anything else missing.that i am not able to find .

Last edited by nahush (2022-06-27 16:16:03)

#6 2022-06-27 16:31:04

seth

Is there now a vmlinuz-linux-lts on the boot partition? (Did you forget to mount the boot partition?)

#7 2022-06-27 16:59:21

nahush

seth wrote:

Is there now a vmlinuz-linux-lts on the boot partition? (Did you forget to mount the boot partition?)

Yes i did forget that , my mistake .is there anything else that i should do. I actually follow just commands, While writing this i did understand any changes in kernel will not affect untill chages are made in boot , is that right?

Edit :Should I rbind or just mount boot partition.

Do let me know.

Last edited by nahush (2022-06-27 17:09:38)

#8 2022-06-27 17:53:32

nahush

nahush wrote:
seth wrote:

Yes i did forget that , my mistake .is there anything else that i should do. I actually follow just commands, While writing this i did understand any changes in kernel will not affect untill chages are made in boot , is that right?

Do let me know.

I did use --rbind for mounting boot . But no effect.still same error.

Edit :image of vmlinuz-linux nad vmlinuz-linux-lts are there in my boot folder now.

Last edited by nahush (2022-06-27 18:17:38)

#9 2022-06-27 20:27:28

nahush

nahush wrote:
nahush wrote:
seth wrote:

Do let me know.

Edit :image of vmlinuz-linux nad vmlinuz-linux-lts are there in my boot folder now.

After checking and trying i am still not able to boot i get same error message of vmlinuz-linux-lts file not found.

Please help.

#10 2022-06-27 20:58:21

seth

Stop bumping, edit your posts unless somebody has replied and also limit the quotes to the necessary.
Also skip help pleas, if people don't respond it's either because they don't know an answer or don't have time to react atm.

I did use --rbind for mounting boot

You did what? You're not supposed to bind some other directory (the boot directory of the install iso???) but the boot partition.

lsblk -f

#11 2022-06-27 21:11:41

nahush

nahush wrote:
nahush wrote:
nahush wrote:

Do let me know.

After checking and trying i am still not able to boot i get same error message of vmlinuz-linux-lts file not found.

Please help.

Sorry for this unwanted conversation that I had , cause i was unable understand your question of did you mount the boot.but as i was following siaid link , it never came to my mind that if i have not mounted my boot partition how can changes will take effect.did the right thing and everything is working fine.

Extremely sorry.

Thanks for all the help , you are gem ?

Board footer