You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-01 06:13:32

Sosse

Grub bootloader wont come when i reboot!

Hello, im trying to install arch linux on my VM right now and I tried to do it manually first, and then with the Archinstall script.
both worked out fine in every aspect.

but when the time was to reboot, so i could boot it up trough grub, it jost wont come. On my VM it like it was reset. It cant be because I did something wrong during the installation, i even used the guided installation. What setting is it on my VM that is doing this? I use Oracle Virtual box.

#2 2022-07-01 11:44:32

darkuni

Re: Grub bootloader wont come when i reboot!

do you see the grub menu when you reboot?

#3 2022-07-01 17:58:18

Sosse

darkuni wrote:

do you see the grub menu when you reboot?

yes thats exactly it, there is no grub menu when I boot. nothing. its as if i started the VM the first time.

#4 2022-07-01 18:26:43

Adriik

• What's the boot order? In VM settings the disk has to be first.

• How did you installed GRUB?

• If you boot on a live environment (Arch ISO), mount your partitions and chroot, what's the output of efibootmgr -v?

Solo soy un loco más. Please use [code] [/code] tags.
Command cheatsheetCommand not found?
If I write something wrong in English, please correct me.

#5 2022-07-01 18:42:13

Sosse

Adriik wrote:
  • What's the boot order? In VM settings the disk has to be first.

• How did you installed GRUB?

• If you boot on a live environment (Arch ISO), mount your partitions and chroot, what's the output of efibootmgr -v?

i now changed that the disk is firt, i installed grub trough archinstall the script which does it for you and manually by typing
pacman -S networkmanager grub

then

grub-mkconfig -0 /boot/grub/grub.cfg

grub was installed, then i had a problem with Os-prober and changed that by using vim.

somethign weird justhappend. i openend the machine, there was no grub loader but now i needed to type in my password i had set and im in a kindoff desktop enviremont with a mouse. everyting is black cant do anything
except for some bar at the bottom. it says qtile, guess thats the window manager, but i cant do anything so should i just reinstall everything now that i changed the boot order? cant look what the output is of what you sent me right now

UPDATE:
since i changed the boot order to disk first, the grub bootloader is coming up and i can start arch, now its just i dont know what to do next ill redo everyhting in manually etc. thanl you very much. hope this problem wont come again!

Last edited by Sosse (2022-07-01 18:57:38)

Board footer