You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-21 12:56:00

ds6pex

How should i write keybinding script on rc.lua to run programs?

Hi, I'm trying to use rofi application launcher on Awesomewm. But i can't figure out how should i write keybinding script on my rc.lua .
I wanna just run "rofi -show drun" with superkey + p key.

#2 2022-07-21 13:28:26

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: How should i write keybinding script on rc.lua to run programs?

What have you tried?  What documentation have you followed?  This is an extremely well documented and basic question about configuring your WM - you should not need your hand held through it.  There are even examples in our wiki page for awesomewm.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2022-07-22 01:53:48

ds6pex

Hi, Thanks for replying. I know i had to take a look a ArchWiki and search on the internet before lefting post on the forum. Maybe i think i didn't take a look closely. I read a post of Awesome - Arch Wiki, r/awesomewm of Reddit, manpage of Awesome, ArchForum and Stack Exchange.

Anyhow, I solved the problem by refer to a post of Stack Exchange.
(Here is the link:) https://askubuntu.com/questions/279176/ … awesome-wm
I noticed that i should add a script

awful.key({ modkey, }, "p", function () awful.util.spawn("rofi -show drun") end),

under the line of

globalkeys = awful.util.table.join

And finally it works successfully.

#4 2022-07-22 02:27:51

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Nicely done.  Thanks for sharing the solution you arrived at.  Please also mark the thread as solved my editing your first post to prepend [SOLVED] to the title.  That way snarky forum veterans like me can someday chastize new users with similar questions for failing to search and find your post.

Last edited by Trilby (2022-07-22 02:28:18)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer