You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-26 07:30:11

anetworkguy

A story of VirtualBox and stupidity (VBOX 6.1.36)

Hi guys,

A quick thread regarding an issue I've been dealing with for few hours...

After an global system update (Kernel and packages), Virtualbox stopped working (funny thing, it stopped working few hours after the update despite I made a reboot after the said update...).

Any attempt to start a VM throw "The VM session was aborted.(0x80004005)". I tried downgrading, patching... nothing. Just to remember "VirtualBox Extension Pack" are not updated by packages, but manually from oracle website. I had similar issue in the past the error code was always USB related, so it was obvious who the culprit was.

So, before going diving in the dark, check if your VirtualBox Extension Pack matches the virtualbox version...

wink

#2 2022-07-26 07:55:57

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: A story of VirtualBox and stupidity (VBOX 6.1.36)

Note that https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/virt … ext-oracle is something that exists.

#3 2022-07-27 10:14:34

Lenry
Website

Re: A story of VirtualBox and stupidity (VBOX 6.1.36)

anetworkguy wrote:

Hi guys,

A quick thread regarding an issue I've been dealing with for few hours...

After an global system update (Kernel and packages), Virtualbox stopped working (funny thing, it stopped working few hours after the update despite I made a reboot after the said update...).

Any attempt to start a VM throw "The VM session was aborted.(0x80004005)". I tried downgrading, patching... nothing. Just to remember "VirtualBox Extension Pack" are not updated by packages, but manually from oracle website. I had similar issue in the past the error code was always USB related, so it was obvious who the culprit was.

So, before going diving in the dark, check if your VirtualBox Extension Pack matches the virtualbox version...

wink

Waaah, Thank You!

Board footer