You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-15 13:53:00

risocs

KDE really laggy after installation

Hi, i just bought a new laptop and am installing archlinux on it.
After making all the configuration with the installation guide, i installed the xorg, plasma-desktop, kde-applications and sddm packages; i enabled the sddm service then restart.
After the restart sddm launch correctly (i think) and present me the logging page which was really really laggy (my cursor take sec to move for exemple) and after authentificate (if i success) it's the same for my desktop; not normal because my config should be large enough, here is my config :
- CPU : Intel Core i9-12900H
- GPU : nvidia geforce rtx 3050 ti
- RAM : 2x8Go LPDDR5 on board
- Stockage : 1To M.2 SSD 2230 NVMe PCIe 4.0.
Because it would most likely have been a drivers issue, here is what i tried :
- not installing nvidia drivers and installing xf86-video-intel to use the integrated graphics, when i checked the usage with 'top' command and 'intel_gpu_top' command it didn't seems for my cpu/gpu to be overused;
- just install nvidia driver;
- use NVIDIA Optimus (at that time when i launched the command "glxinfo | grep NVIDIA" it actually returned something positive which would say that NVIDIA Optimus was working fine on my 3050ti).
But none of that worked, so i don't know, i'm out of ideas. I'm asking for your help.

#2 2022-08-15 20:10:34

PerfMonk

Re: KDE really laggy after installation

Try to stop baloo and see if it makes a diffference.  Sometime it can hug all resources.   
"balooctl stop"

just a shot in the dark!

#3 2022-08-16 11:01:38

risocs

Re: KDE really laggy after installation

So i tried the command "balooctl disable" (because i didn't find the stop command), but unfortunately it didn't worked (no change).

Board footer