You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-19 07:51:58

hematinik

[SOLVED] Bluetooth does not connect automatically

[Original Title: Bluetooth does not connect automatically and refuses to reconnect]

I was able to connect/reconnect my Bluetooth keyboard (Apple Magic Keyboard) just by pressing any key until it stopped working like that. Now I have to open the Bluetooth Manager (blueman) to connect it manually. the weird behavior does not end there, If I suspend the machine or disconnect the device it wouldn't get reconnected unless I turn the keyboard off and on again (blueman shows this error "Connection Failed: br-connection-create-socket").

journalctl's output:

Aug 19 11:05:34 mbp blueman-manager[1788]: blueman-manager 11.05.34 WARNING  ManagerDeviceMenu:141 fail      : fail g-dbus-error-quark: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: blueman.bluez.errors.DBusFail>
Aug 19 11:05:34 mbp bluetoothd[745]: profiles/input/device.c:control_connect_cb() connect to 64:C7:53:ED:3F:5F: Host is down (112)

I did not update my system prior to this problem so I decided to update to the latest kernel and it is still there. I suspected maybe there's a problem with the keyboard but now I have the same problem with my BT touchpad (Magic Trackpad). the plague infected the touchpad right after I tried to un-pair and re-pair it. after that I installed a macOS virtual machine and everything was okay there so I assume this must be a Linux specific problem.

I've read similar questions across the web just to find no working solution. possibly this topic is also related Bluetooth keyboard doesn't connect after suspend
what I've tried so far with no avail:
- I paired both of the devices with a BT dongle but the problem persists.
- the bluetooth-autoconnect script https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/blue … utoconnect
- rolling back to the working installation Image
- other:

rfkill unblock bluetooth
rfkill list
0: hci0: Bluetooth
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no
1: phy0: Wireless LAN
	Soft blocked: no
	Hard blocked: no
# /etc/bluetooth/main.conf
AutoEnable=true
FastConnectable = true
# /etc/bluetooth/input.conf 
 Configuration file for the input service
# This section contains options which are not specific to any
# particular interface
[General]

# Set idle timeout (in minutes) before the connection will
# be disconnect (defaults to 0 for no timeout)
IdleTimeout=0

#Enable HID protocol handling in userspace input profile
#Defaults to false(hidp handled in hidp kernel module)
UserspaceHID=true

Last edited by hematinik (2022-08-19 10:29:51)

#2 2022-08-19 10:24:42

hematinik

Re: [SOLVED] Bluetooth does not connect automatically

I think I've found the culprit.. it is probably either the `blueman` or `i3wm` . when I first installed Arch I used GNOME to pair my bluetooth devices and then I switched to i3. I just switched back to GNOME, removed both devices and paired them again and everything is working as expected now. I don't have any time or interest to investigate fuehrer as Im already 4 days into this stupid bug but I wish good luck for everyone who is interested to find out whats wrong.

Last edited by hematinik (2022-08-19 10:25:18)

Board footer