You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-01 04:18:18

Henrk

Where is the default ESP (EFI System Partition) in Archinstall?

Is it in /boot or /boot/efi, I don't know smile

#2 2022-09-01 06:02:57

Torxed

Re: Where is the default ESP (EFI System Partition) in Archinstall?

/boot - contains the initramfs, kernel and ucode for your CPU.
/boot/EFI - contains the EFI binaries for booting UEFI mode.

Both are the same partition, just different folders smile
You can verify this by running `mount | grep /dev/nvme0n1` for instance. You'll see there's only one `/boot` definition, so anything under is just a simple folder structure.

----

On a future note, we are looking in to separating these into two different partitions so that upgrades can put chunky boot files separate from the small EFI binaries. Since for instance Windows create a particularly small EFI partition, which we can't cram all these things into.

https://github.com/archlinux/archinstal … 1111531739 - "any way to make a XBOOTLDR and swap partition?"
("Will the ability to separate EFI and /boot be available for GRUB as well when this feature is complete?" <- Yes)

Last edited by Torxed (2022-09-01 06:03:57)

#3 2022-09-01 07:00:49

Henrk

Re: Where is the default ESP (EFI System Partition) in Archinstall?

SysCommand(f'/usr/bin/arch-chroot {self.target} grub-install --debug --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot --bootloader-id=GRUB --removable', peak_output=True) 

Thank you for your reply, by looking at the archinstall/lib/installer py# L837 I think I already know the answer smile  looking forward to the next archinstall updates

Board footer