You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-02 01:24:02

cloverskull

Pipewire/wireplumber - microphone mute LED not working?

Hey friends,

My audio system is seemingly working well at this point aside from one small issue that isn't really a big deal but nevertheless I would like to figure out.

I am using a Lenovo Carbon X1 Gen 8 laptop with a new-ish Arch installation. This has been from scratch set up with Pipewire and Wireplumber. With the snd-hda-intel module and the sof-firmware package, everything is working: playback, the audio mute LED, volume up/down, the microphone...with the exception of the microphone LED.

One thing to note is that if I run the following as root, I can manually turn the light on and off:

echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/platform::micmute/brightness
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/platform::micmute/brightness

So the LED is not broken, it is functional, and the microphone is also functional. Pressing the mute button has the expected message in Plasma about the microphone either being muted or unmuted, so that all works as expected as well. The only thing missing is the LED.

Thanks for reading!

Edit - quick followup - if I do the 'echo 1' command above (as root) and then I press the mute button, the light switches off. But the light switching off doesn't seem tied to either muting /or/ unmuting; either condition will result in a keypress shutting the LED off.

So, yeah I'm puzzled, help appreciated.

Last edited by cloverskull (2022-09-02 01:25:49)

#2 2023-04-06 19:58:59

egnegr

Re: Pipewire/wireplumber - microphone mute LED not working?

I've found that lighting the LED up requires to disable these three captures in alsamixer: "Capture", "Dmic0 Front", and "Dmic0 Rear". The first one seems to do nothing, so you could go on and just disable the capture using Space button. The result should look like something like this:

xbswg6.png

After doing this, the LED lights up and down just as it should have.

Last edited by egnegr (2023-04-06 19:59:20)

Board footer