You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-26 07:32:32

JohnTheRevelator

Dual boot with Windows 10 and installation script

Sorry guys for being total noob in Linux and Arch, but I have difficulties in understanding how to install Arch along with Win10 via installation script.
Here's my sequence of actions:
1.Shrank the disk in disk management tool, gave a 100G for Arch installation.
2. Booted from USB medium, launched the installation script.
3. Through cfdisk I could see an unallocated space as free space.

In script menu regarding drive choice and partitioning I have chosen the corresponding SSD drive. Menu choices in this chapter don't seem relevant for choosing space for Arch installation,

What should I do next? How do I choose that unallocated space (free space in cfdisk) for Arch installation in a script?

I haven't found guides I need on Youtube, they're kind of obsolete in regard of the current edition of an installation script. Please help.

Last edited by JohnTheRevelator (2022-10-26 07:33:10)

#2 2022-10-26 07:45:17

d.ALT

Re: Dual boot with Windows 10 and installation script

Side note:

JohnTheRevelator wrote:

I haven't found guides I need on Youtube, they're kind of obsolete in regard of the current edition of an installation script

Do yourself a favour... Never (also for the future) look for guides on YouTube smile
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Installation_guide <--- this is the only official/supported way

Last edited by d.ALT (2022-10-26 07:50:44)

<49,17,III,I>    Fama di loro il mondo esser non lassa;
<50,17,III,I>    misericordia e giustizia li sdegna:
<51,17,III,I>    non ragioniam di lor, ma guarda e passa.

#3 2022-10-26 13:07:53

JohnTheRevelator

d.ALT wrote:

Side note:

JohnTheRevelator wrote:

I haven't found guides I need on Youtube, they're kind of obsolete in regard of the current edition of an installation script

Do yourself a favour... Never (also for the future) look for guides on YouTube smile
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Installation_guide <--- this is the only official/supported way

Thanks! I'll read it. smile

#4 2022-10-27 01:04:15

ZetaRevan

d.ALT wrote:

Side note:

JohnTheRevelator wrote:

Let me also state that the guided install script still has some bugs.  I run in to continual issues when it creates the partitions, no matter what machine I'm on.  I suspect there needs to be a wait line added after creating the partitions so it doesn't error out when trying to run tasks after the partitions are created.  Half of the errors are partition is busy or unable to access it.  I say until the script is refined, run through all the steps manually.

#5 2022-10-29 08:44:58

JohnTheRevelator

ZetaRevan wrote:
d.ALT wrote:

Side note:

JohnTheRevelator wrote:

Let me also state that the guided install script still has some bugs.  I run in to continual issues when it creates the partitions, no matter what machine I'm on.  I suspect there needs to be a wait line added after creating the partitions so it doesn't error out when trying to run tasks after the partitions are created.  Half of the errors are partition is busy or unable to access it.  I say until the script is refined, run through all the steps manually.

Ah, that's the reason, thank you.

#6 2022-10-31 09:55:06

JohnTheRevelator

I finally installed Arch manually, and now I have another problem - GRUB menu doesn't show Windows boot manager after the proper GRUB and os-prober installation. What might be the problem?

#7 2022-10-31 10:16:04

philo

Board footer