You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-30 17:41:06

CheeseProcessor

Virt Manager vms not starting

No one of my vms starts up correctly, i use virt-manager to manage it, when i start a vm, the screen show “Guest has not initialized the display (yet)”. Is the same behavior with all the vms, the last time i ran it was working well, i have no clue whats going wrong? Some advices?
I dont know how to debug it, i cant find a way to start the vm from command line
Thanks

#2 2022-12-01 22:33:19

PutridPete

Re: Virt Manager vms not starting

I had this same issue a while ago and I eventually found my way to this thread on libvirt's gitlab, which also links to two arch bug reports here and here. What I found worked for me was following the instructions of this particular comment.

In the future, please make sure to check the 'Bugs' section before opening a forum thread. If you're having an issue with a particular package , you also want to check the active/recently closed issues in the respective repository of said application (and other components that form part of it) for cross referencing. Sometimes issues are happening upstream and there's nothing to be done Arch side other than waiting or applying some manual intervention fix that somebody uncovered. Such solutions will gets discussed outside of Arch's communities too and you could miss them if you don't explore some.

#3 2022-12-10 14:31:31

CheeseProcessor

Re: Virt Manager vms not starting

I can confirm the problem was related to edk2-ovmf, thank you. Ill check the bugs section in the future, ty.

Board footer