You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-09 16:19:11

chaofan

gnome is not working properly

My device is installed with
Archlinux x86_64
Kernel: 6.1.4-arch1-1
DE: GNOME 43.2 wayland

I also installed fcitx5 input method and other common software.
But every time I start the device, I can't start using it immediately, for example, when I open Google Chrome, I observe the input method icon in the tray at the top right corner of the desktop keeps blinking and then disappears after a moment, I can open the browser normally. During this time only gnome-terminal seems to work properly.

The second problem is that my tray icon always disappears or is not visible, for example the input method icon, sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't, but it works fine all the time.

The third problem is that some software, such as Jetbrains IDE, when I make them full screen, the title bar disappears and I can't close it by clicking the close button in the top right corner, but most of the software is working fine.

following is my /etc/enviroment

GTK_IM_MODULE=fcitx
QT_IM_MODULE=fcitx
XMODIFIERS=@im=fcitx
INPUT_METHOD=fcitx
SDL_IM_MODULE=fcitx
DEEPIN_WINE_SCALE=1.25
QT_QPA_PLATFORM="wayland;xcb"

How do I fix them? smile

Last edited by chaofan (2023-01-09 16:32:12)

#2 2023-01-09 20:16:04

Henry78

Re: gnome is not working properly

Sure you're running Wayland?
Today my GDM suddently launches and X11 session instead of Wayland. So I also found some strange startup errors, b/c I also set $QT_QPA_PLATFORM manually to wayland, which - of course - does not work in an X11 session.

So I suggest to check if you're really running Wayland. And then, if unsetting the $QT* environment variables improve your experience.

#3 2023-01-10 02:17:03

chaofan

Henry78 wrote:

Sure you're running Wayland?
Today my GDM suddently launches and X11 session instead of Wayland. So I also found some strange startup errors, b/c I also set $QT_QPA_PLATFORM manually to wayland, which - of course - does not work in an X11 session.

So I suggest to check if you're really running Wayland. And then, if unsetting the $QT* environment variables improve your experience.

I installed archlinux to make sure that wayland was installed, and only wayland was installed

#4 2023-01-10 08:08:43

seth

That's not exactly an answer and gnume/mutter has a hard depencency on xorg-xwayland and GDM on xorg-server

loginctl session-status

@Henry78, the system jorunal might reveal why gnome is resorting to X11 for you.

Board footer