You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-16 20:05:02

mcarni

kodi-peripheral-joystick + kodi-addon-game-libretro

Guys,

I am setting up my raspberrypi 4 with archlinuxarm but i guess my following questions/doubts should be valid also for standard x86_64 architectures

It is the first time that I try to build something, please bear with me for the noobish questions:

I made 3 PKGBUILD's: kodi-peripheral-joystick, kodi-addon-game-libretro and kodi-addon-game-libretro-nestopia

kodi-peripheral-joystick is not available in the standard repos (and i didn't see it in either AUR or in the arm repos)
i can build it and install it on my aarch64 but I am wondering if this could be useful also for x86_64?
I am guessing that if there was a way to have alternative packages in the package depends (like standard kodi or kodi-rpi or kodi-rpi-git) the same PKGBUILD could work also on all architectures.
It seems that it would be a plus to have one PKGBUILD for all, but maybe I am just overcomplicating things.

for kodi-addon-game-libretro and for kodi-addon-game-libretro-nestopia the situation is quite similar

main difference is that for kodi-addon-game-libretro there is a package in the repos that is for Kodi 19.0.2-Matrix, my PKGBUILD is for 20.1.0-Nexus
but also in this case, maybe it would make sense to have only one PKGBUILD valid for arm and non-arm architectures?

I saw also a similar package already in AUR but it is from git and installs a couple of cores (if I understand how it works, have not tried it..)
like: game.libretro.gambatte game.libretro.snes9x game.libretro.scummvm game.libretro.yabause game.controller.snes
which in my mind, make sense to keep separate

Could someone comment and suggest on what would be the best way to handle this?

these are the PKGBUILD that I have prepared:

kodi-peripheral-joystick:

# Maintainer: xxx <xxx DOT xxx AT xxx DOT xxx>

pkgname=kodi-peripheral-joystick
pkgver=20.1.0
_codename=Nexus
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="This add-on provides joystick drivers and button mapping services for Kodi. It uses the Peripheral API added to Kodi as part of PR 8807"
arch=('any')
url="https://github.com/xbmc/peripheral.joystick"
license=('GPL2')
groups=('kodi-addons' 'kodi-peripheral')
makedepends=('cmake' 'kodi-dev' 'tinyxml')
options=(!lto debug)
source=("$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz::https://github.com/xbmc/peripheral.joystick/archive/refs/tags/$pkgver-$_codename.tar.gz")
sha512sums=('c5016f74bee316e5b25686420125397cb1840de72be4e9a11390a1338ad920b93d2e8cf36e845feb82aba826a425152dcb621a9ef1b6aea6259d9423283957d9')

build() {
    cd "peripheral.joystick-$pkgver-$_codename"
    cmake \
        -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
        -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
        -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=1 \
        -DUSE_LTO=1 \
    make
}

package() {
    depends=('kodi-rpi-git' 'tinyxml')
    cd "peripheral.joystick-$pkgver-$_codename"
    make DESTDIR="$pkgdir/" install
}

kodi-addon-game-libreto:

# Maintainer: xxx <xxx DOT xxx AT xxx DOT xxx>

pkgname=kodi-addon-game-libretro
pkgver=20.1.0
_codename=Nexus
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="This add-on provides a wrapper that allows Libretro cores to be loaded as game add-ons"
arch=('any')
url="https://github.com/kodi-game/game.libretro"
license=('GPL2')
groups=('kodi-addons' 'kodi-addons-game')
makedepends=('cmake' 'libretro-core-info' 'kodi-platform' 'kodi-dev')
options=(!lto debug)
source=("$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz::https://github.com/kodi-game/game.libretro/archive/refs/tags/$pkgver-$_codename.tar.gz")
sha512sums=('df1ea78b978a753b8698e808cd241fafc34d731e38d4f165b713e2bb836e9b1353ea6d8506e2f4915116e5e430286903615faa7eb6c3526f163e7cba88cedabf')

build() {
    cd "game.libretro-$pkgver-$_codename"
    cmake \
        -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
        -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
        -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=1 \
        -DUSE_LTO=1 \
    make
}

package() {
    depends=('kodi-rpi-git' 'kodi-platform' 'libretro-core-info')
    cd "game.libretro-$pkgver-$_codename"
    make DESTDIR="$pkgdir/" install
}

Board footer