You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-19 02:39:54

DrHamfist

[Solved] Galaxy Book 3 Pro 360 Graphics Issues

Hello!

I'm hitting some wierd issues with my new laptop after installing Arch.

1. When I run in full terminal mode, typing text sometimes feels "laggy".  Characters don't show up right away after I've typed them sometimes.  If I hold down a key on the keyboard, normally this would repeat the keystroke after a bit until I've let go of the key.  This happens, but I don't see the repeated characters in the terminal until I've let go of the key.

2. In graphical environments, a similar problem happens where the screen doesn't update until I either press a key or move the mouse on the trackpad.

3.  Moving the mouse on the trackpad is extremely laggy to the point where it looks like I'm only getting a few frames per second.  I can get to the point where I can run a terminal window, which seems to be responsive while I'm typing in it.  However, moving the mouse on the trackpad will also cause a noticeable stall in the terminal window, so I know that moving the mouse is causing the issue to a worse extent.

This laptop has a 13th gen Intel 1360p chip with integrated Iris graphics.  I tried switching to the 6.2 rc 8 kernel through the AUR package linux-mainline, but this did not help.  I also tried going back to the LTS kernel 5.15, which did fix the issues in the terminal, but graphical environments didn't load at all.  Could this be a driver regression?

I'm not really sure where to go from here, but any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by DrHamfist (2023-02-19 19:38:30)

#2 2023-02-19 07:49:02

seth

Re: [Solved] Galaxy Book 3 Pro 360 Graphics Issues

I'd first look into https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Intel_ … flickering

I also tried going back to the LTS kernel 5.15, which did fix the issues in the terminal, but graphical environments didn't load at all.  Could this be a driver regression?

Please post your complete system journal for such boot and attempt to load a GUI session, eg.

sudo journalctl -b -1 | curl -F 'file=@-' 0x0.st

for the previous boot.

#3 2023-02-19 19:38:00

DrHamfist

Re: [Solved] Galaxy Book 3 Pro 360 Graphics Issues

Adding the kernel parameter in that first link you posted ended up fixing the issue!  Thanks so much!

Board footer